As a consequence of these influences, braids not only become dull and weak, but they also become dry, brittle, and have split ends. Most often, any disturbance in the structure of hair is a problem that can be solved quite easily, with the help of special care.
How to take care of dull hair?
It is possible to return the shine very quickly – with the help of modern cosmetics. But it should be remembered that the incredible pearly glow will not last too long, because the beauty is a direct consequence of their health. With this in mind, don’t be “fooled” by the big names. The initial goal is to choose the right product that can really help in the fight for healthy curls.
Effective care for damaged and dull locks begins with the right choice and use of shampoo. First of all, the shampoo should be chosen based on the specific hair type with sufficient content of appropriate moisturizing ingredients. In addition, nothing good comes from over-shampooing, because this procedure deprives the curls of moisture. The most suitable shampoos for dull strands are shampoos with a pH level of 4 to 6.5.
Each washing procedure should be supplemented with the application of a balm or mask. Without these main aids in the treatment of dull and lifeless hair it is impossible. Restorative means for luster should contain:
- vitamins A, group B, E;
In addition, if your curls suffer from brittle hair, refuse to use a hair dryer for a while – or use it at minimum power, so as not to increase the damage to the hair streams of hot air. The rule applies to other styling tools as well – brittle hair should not be straightened with a hot iron or curled with an electric curling iron.
The most important secret for taking care of damaged locks: never try to brush wet hair. Wet they are the most defenseless and brushing can increase the damage to the already damaged strands.
Brilliance with styling products
Dull, damaged locks are difficult to style: after curling, the curls fall apart and strands are constantly being knocked out of your hair. Tame and fix the “harmful” tresses in a hairstyle can wax. When styling with a hair dryer, warm the wax in your hands and smooth it over the entire length. It will not only give you a neat hairstyle, but also give your hair a great healthy shine.
In addition, unruly hair needs moisture. Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of sprays, silicones for hair, used specifically for their additional moisturizing.
How to bring back the shine by yourself
To give hair volume and shine is real and at home, resorting to the help of simple recipes.
After washing your hair, rinse it with water and lemon juice (mix one liter of water with one tablespoon of lemon juice); this procedure will make your hair shiny and silky again. A similar lotion can be made yourself with nettle juice.
- 4 tablespoons rum;
- 1 egg.
Mix the rum with the egg, even whipped. Vigorously rub into the roots of the hair, spend the entire length of the hair. Wrap the head in a towel, so walk for 25-30 minutes, at the end well rinse the hair with warm water.
- 50g of good brandy;
- 50 g of warm water;
- 2 yolks.
Mix all the components well and massage your scalp with the resulting lotion. Apply the remedy to the entire length and soak for 20 minutes. Wash out with lukewarm water.
Owners of dry hair, shampoo is not necessary, but if you have oily hair, it is better to wash your head.
Mask of natural products for volume and shine
- Pour 5 g of gelatin (powder) in 250 ml of heated water, wait 30 minutes until it swells. Add 1 egg yolk and 5g of dry mustard. Mix the products thoroughly and massage into the hair for 15-20 minutes. Completely rinse the mask with warm water. Means great to use instead of shampoo.
- For 125 ml of kefir you need 5 grams of cocoa powder and 1 egg yolk. Combine the above ingredients and apply evenly to the entire length of the hair. Allow the mask to dry a little and apply another layer. The next step is to wrap the hair in cling film, then a towel and hold it like that for about 15-20 minutes. Acidic milk mask will not only help to renew the shine of the hair, but also to strengthen it and accelerate its growth.
- First, you need to brew a strong decoction of chamomile (about 250 ml). After cooling, thoroughly rinse your hair with it, then wrap it in foil and a terry towel. At the end of the procedure you can wash your head with shampoo. Means suitable for owners of blonde hair.
- For girls with brown hair and brunettes is recommended to use the original tool: 40 grams of natural coffee grinded pour 250 ml of steep boiling water. The coffee should infuse a little, then strain it and apply to the head. Wrap your head with a towel or wear an old hat. After 30 minutes, you can wash your head with shampoo.
- Decoction of birch leaves: 40 grams of chopped leaves, pour 250 ml of very hot water, insist under a lid for 15-20 minutes. After washing your hair should be rinsed with filtered decoction. To achieve a visible result, the procedure should be done within 1 month every week for a couple of times. Such an infusion will give your hair a shine and strengthen it. Instead of birch leaves, you can use nettle or cairo if you wish – the effect will be the same.
- Cut the skin from 3-4 apples and fill it with about 1 liter of water. On the stove, bring to a boil. After that, give the broth time to cool, strain, and safely use to rinse.
- Use a minimum amount of shampoo while washing your head. Otherwise, overloading and dehydration of the hair is ensured. It will be more helpful if you dilute the shampoo with a little water;
- To maintain natural shine and volume, use a brush with natural bristles. The bristles allow you to evenly distribute the oily secretions throughout your curls, including the tips;
- Wet braids are very susceptible to any kind of mechanical action. This means that if you towel or wrap them vigorously immediately after bathing, there is a risk of split ends. In warm weather leave your hair to dry naturally or at least don’t keep it in a towel for more than four minutes;
- If you are going to the pool, your hair needs protection from chlorine and other chemicals that are in the water, wear a rubber cap, and during the beach season use a headdress;
- Be sure to add to your diet foods rich in proteins: lean meat, fish, mushrooms, cheese. Your locks also need vitamin C, so your body can get enough of it by eating about 600 grams of fruit a day. Include oatmeal, buckwheat and pasta in your daily diet. Increase your intake of cereals.
As a consequence of improper diet, active lifestyle and disturbed ecology, our elbows are among the first to suffer. To regain the former beauty you need a complex approach, namely the normalization of nutrition and a regulated work-rest regime. And in addition to these measures, you need to use a quick mask, balms and rinses. Follow these tips and be beautiful!